Remember how confusing the MLG bracket explanation was?
Remember the really confusing double championship bracket I talked about on MIOM? We’re reverting back to a normal double elim bracket.
— Jake Kulinski (@SolidJakeGG) June 4, 2014
Today it was announced via Twitter that the MLG Anaheim Final Bracket will be a normal double elimination bracket. There will still be pools to determine seeding into this bracket.
Previously we had announced a championship bracket system that had two separate brackets that funneled into a single grand finals. This was very confusing to a lot of people, and myself as well.
We have decided to revert back to a standard double elimination bracket, and the grand finals will now be a Bo5 rather than a Bo11. If the loser wins the series, the bracket is reset.
TLDR it’s a standard bracket format.
That being said, I am excited to announce how pools will work at Anaheim.
Pools (*The Two Pools will be announced soon*)
* 8 Players (6 Qualifier, 2 From Open Winners Bracket)
* Best of 5
* Matches will be played on stream Fri / Sat / Sun
* 1st and 2nd Place go to Champ Winners Semis
* 3rd and 4th Place go to Champ Losers 3
* 5th and 6th Place go to Champ Losers 2
* 7th and 8th Place go to Champ Losers 1
Bracket (Based on Solid Jake’s Description)